If you are blessed with a huge bathroom with plenty of space, you probably do not need any tips on how to make the most of what you have. If you are not so lucky, you are probably looking for creative ways to maximize your storage space and make that small bathroom look larger.
Bathroom remodels are among the most common home make and in many cases, the goal is to make the room larger and more inviting. If you have plenty of money, you can knock out a wall or two and create the bathroom of your dreams. If not, you can use these tips to make the most of the bathroom you already have:
- Use a single-color scheme. A monochromatic color scheme can make a small bathroom look larger, so stick to a single color. Light colors can also make the room look larger, so consider shades of white, yellow, and other bright colors
- Use the space above the toilet for extra storage. Just buy a ready-made shelving unit and use it to store shampoos, hair-care products, and other toiletries.
- Consider a storage unit designed to fit over the bathroom door. These over-the-door shelving units are roomy and easy to use.
- Make the most of the space above the doorway. The space above the doorway is wasted in most bathrooms, but you do not have to make the same mistake. Installing a shelving unit in that space is a great way to maximize your space.
- Add mirrors to give the illusion of more space. Bathroom mirrors are obviously important in the bathroom, and adding new ones can make the room look larger while making it more useful.
- Light things up. A lack of light will make even a large bathroom look small. Light things up by replacing your existing vanity lights with brighter LEDs, and add a few under-counter lights as well.
- Keep trash cans and other items out of the way. Sliding the trash can behind the toilet or storing it alongside the vanity is an effective way to maximize your floor space.
- Opt for open storage cabinets. You might not think something as simple as a cabinet door would make a difference, but it can if the bathroom is small and cramped. If you prefer cabinets with doors, maximize space with a storage unit designed to fit over the door.
The bathroom is one of the most important rooms in the house, and one of the most frequently used. Increasing the available space can have a profound impact on the enjoyment you derive from your home, and the space-saving tips above can help you get started.